Saturday, October 12, 2019

Article on how revolting Mirabeau Lamar was.

I am planning to help out with the renaming of Lamar St. to Botham street. I have been studying street name chaning in Dallas, the history, and the municipal code.

This is a good short summary article about Mirabeau Lamar. He is really dreadful. Historians are aghast at him and say "he was the worst." I am going to start compling a history on him.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/the-problem-with-mirabeau-lamar/

I have emailed the author of the article, but I have also done my own research. I hope to have additional information about Mirabeau Lamar in this blog.

The Lamar Street webpage is created so as we accumulate information on Lamar we will have it online on this page. http://templeofdemocracy.com/lamar-street.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rally to change Ervay St. to Harvey Milk St. Sent Robert Jeffress and the 1st Baptist Dallas church a message.

 We are having a rally to change Ervay to Harvey Milk St. This is the street which runs past the infamous First Baptist Church in Dallas, Te...